Friday, July 23, 2010

Advice on make-up brushes....?

Do people use make up brushes? Or you a finger kind of girl? If you use brushes... which ones? What brands? etc.





I'm wanting to find some good make up brushes and unsure where to start.. I don't want to pay for prices of Mac and Bobbi Brown... but willing to part with a little more than normal for a good product. I currently use No.7 and Ruby and Millie... there okay but not a very wide range. The No.7 on has about 5 brushes to their range.





So girls/guys... what do you use and why? Where did you get them from?





I am in the UK, so please don't tell me about a product you have in OZ or the States that I can't get my hands on, I would be grateful for the suggestions, but it's a bit far to travel just to pick up some make up brushes.





Thanks for reading and I will be grateful for any advice.





Clairey x x xAdvice on make-up brushes....?
once you start getting into makeup application you'll realize how much better your makeup is applied with a brush.





its better for your skin (as long as you clean your brushes regularly) because your fingers have got oils on it.


by using your fingers esp around your eyes you pull on the skin which will give you wrinkles ALOT faster. if you do have to use your fingers around your eyes (the only time i ever use my fingers is around the eyes for concealer) use your ring finger because it pulls the least on the skin.


in the end...it looks alot better.








go to your local crafts store and you can find great paint brushes that will work great for your makeup. don't ever buy brushes in sets where you can't touch the brushes. you've got to be able to feel them so you can make sure they're quality bristles and that the brush has the stiffness you need (depending on what type of brush you're looking for).





i use mostly MAC brushes. i've gotten alot of them on sale. they've been so worth it...i love the quality and they've lasted me for years and i know they will last alot longer. i've also got some kat von d brushes, sephora brushes (and Marc Jacobs for Sephora brushes) that are all great quality. I even have some paint brushes.





in the end, it's personal preference. but make sure you can feel them so you know what you're getting.





edit: dont use makeup sponges either..they breed bacteria. for liquid foundation use MAC's 187 brush..or a similar brush to it...will give you an airbrushed finish. it's seriously the best brush ever...prevents you from overapplying so no matter how inexperienced you are your foundation will look flawless. great for darker blushes as well because it's harder to overapply.Advice on make-up brushes....?
Hiya,


I have the same problem as you at the moment!


My friends have been telling me that you can buy the mac ones cheap on ebay? They all highly recommend them. Urban decay aswell. I think the more you pay the better they are in general..


Also if you can shop online Avon are great they are from 5.5o to 8euro but they only have 3 brushes..


Did you try bobby brown?


Estee lauder?


Also try http://www.themakeupbrushcompany.co.uk/H鈥?/a>
brushes are the best.


i use brushes for foundation, blush, eyeshadow, powder


i got mine as a gift not sure where they are from. im not from the uk anyway.i think you can get away with cheaper brushes but the best ones are more expensive and makes a big difference when there better


just look around any makeup places and see whats avalible
Hey,


I don't live in the UK, so I don't know what you have over there but I would reccomend ordering ELF(eyeslipsface.com over here) these brushes are EXTEREMELY CHEAP!!! Work great. Some you have to wash a few times to get them soft, but the eyeshadow brush is amazing. I don't really have much to suggest except for DONT USE YOUR FINGERS!!! PLEASEEEE!!! It transfers germs to your face, causing acne. Look on YouTube.com as a lot of makeup videos there talk about makeup brushes.
I use make-up sponges to apply foundation, they do absorb some of the product, but I find they produce the most natural finish, good for daytime make up.





The Bodyshop do some very good quality make-up brushes too.
brushes.





and remember if u use brushes clean them regular.
I like EcoTools. They are about 10bucks each at most. And eco friendly
i use my finger...quick, fast and saves money!
  • sunscreen
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment