Sunday, July 25, 2010

How do you store make up brushes when your finished with them ?

Hi I have just bought some make up brushes and a foundation brush too.


But as the foundtion brush is coverd in foundation I clean it after I have used it with a fragrance free baby wipe so it doesnt get all over my stuff, as I keep my make up in a big vanity case. that only thing is I want to keep them clean as possible including all my other make up brushes, as usually they come with the make up compact like eye shadows so they are safe in the pot they came in, but I think its a little unhygienice to just used them and put them in loose.





Do you have a seperate bag for them or can you get something to put them in. I know I got an eyeliner brush from avon and that was in a plastic case so I can reuse it, but all the rest came in plastic packets as I got them from another shop lol.








Thanks for your help and answersHow do you store make up brushes when your finished with them ?
My make-up brushes all come in a bag which rolls open- I bought one of these when doing a beauty course at the London College of Fashion. It's been extremely useful. I usually put a cloth underneath all my brushes after I've used them and always make sure I wash my brushes to keep them clean - about every two weeks. As these are really expensive brushes, they have to be washed and dried in a particular way.





I keep my foundation separate from my other make-up on my desk. I have a small red revlon bag which I got for my birthday recently which I use to store my concealer, eyeliner, compact mirror, eyelash curler, mascara, etc.





Like you, I also have a plastic case for any other brush I have which I have kept and used- it's proven very handy!





Everything is kept in one place so it makes it easier putting on make-up in the morning especially if I'm in a rush.





The other bits and bobs which I can't fit in my bag I leave on my desk. I really should get around to throwing away any old make-up I don't use and maybe splash out on some new colours. I might even get a vanity case for Xmas...How do you store make up brushes when your finished with them ?
just put them in your make-up bag
I have a pair of milk glass glasses on my dressing table with all my brushes in them.
i putmine in a cup with the brush pointing up, and you should probably wash your foundation brush more throughly with a brush cleaner or a mild liquid soap cause your not going to be able to get the foundation out of the middle of the brush with a wipe.
put in a small long boz.
I keep all my brushes seperate from my make-up and make sure that I clean them regularly with soapy water to kill the bacteria and stuff on them. Make sure you are cleaning the place you put them as well otherwise there's not point in cleaning them since stuff will get in there too,
Clean them after every use. And put them away somewhere safe. Preferably somewhere dry, and where light can get to them. This helps keep bacteria from growing inside the brushes. Also but bristled brushes face up. You dont want the bristles to fall out or be broken (:
I have a tall glass sitting on my counter and put the brushes, brush up, in there.
You should more thoroughly wash your brushes with either a mild face wash or shampoo or a commercial brush cleaner. When they are wet you should reshape them and dry them flat so that the bristles do not become misshaped. You can store them in a cup or flat in a box or basket. They need to be able to air out. Over time storing in a cup can cause the bristles to fan out more, distorting the shape of your brush. Take care wear you store the cup as well. It the seat is up when you flush the toilet, it is crazy how far bacteria flies. So store it far from the toilet (same for toothbrushes).
I've never cleaned my brushes and just store them loose on the side or in a huge makeup bag.





I've never had a rash or an eye infection or anything like that.





I keep my face clean so there won't be any germs to get on my brush anyway and even if they did, they are my germs. I don't share.





Its just not something i've ever worried about.
brushes should be tapped lightly not to break the hairs on it.and then turned up side down, never wipe your brushes may clog them up to much.keeped in a dry open place for freshness, never lay them down if flat tops use them and put on heads until done. this goes for all brushes, never store in refridge,or plastic bags.

No comments:

Post a Comment